Special ServicesGeneral Surgical Services:
General Surgery is performed at the Karachi National Hospital (Pvt.) Ltd. Patients are either day case or in-patients.
The range of general surgical procedures includes:
Karachi National Hospital is the only private hospital in Sindh, Pakistan which offers Transplant Surgery facilities to Renal Failure patients. The Transplant Unit in Karachi National Hospital was established in 1990 with the help and guidance of renowned UK Transplant Surgeon Mr. C. J. Rudge of Royal London Hospital (London, UK) and Consultant Anaesthetist Dr. John Broadfield of Kings College Hospital (London, UK).
- More than 500 live kidneys Transplant have been performed with excellent results.
- This unit also has the facilities of performing Paediatric Transplants.
- All procedures including Surgery are carried out by a highly qualified and experienced team of Surgeons, Anaesthetistis, Physicians and Technicians.
- Several case of Re-transplant / complicated cases have also been performed.
- Pre-transplant workup is performed with the help of laboratories and radiology departments of various renowned institutions.
- Postoperative care is provided by qualified doctors and nurses in a special Transplant room with all the facilities of modern ICU.
- Long term post transplant care follow up services are provided to ensure longevity of graft and life.
Urinary Fistulae Unit
In Karachi National Hospital a special unit for the Urinary Fistulae (V.V.F, U.V.F) in women patients has been established with the help of Jahangir Siddiqui Group of Companies. In this unit we provide all the special care to treat all types (simple, complicated and complex) of fistulae. The aim of establishing this unit is to provide free treatment to urinary fistulae patients in Pakistan, specially those living in the rural areas of Sindh, Balochistan & from up country, who are unable to afford the cost of their treatment. This free treatment is provided from the donations received from Siddiqui Foundation.
The operations are performed by Prof. Khurshid Jehan Noorani and Prof. Maqsood Anwar Noorani two experienced specialists in this particular field.
Karachi National Hospital provides a Gynaecology and Fertility service for day case patients and in-patients.
The range of Gynaecology procedures performed include:
A full Gynae-check service is also performed including:
- Cervical smear with screening for pre-cancerous changes
- Pelvic examination to assess general health of pelvic organs
- Examination to identify fibroids or cysts
- Advice and consultancy with lifestyle recommendations
- Advice on HRT, contraception, menopause and other any other gynaecological issue.
The leading Consultant Gynaecologists under whom these services are provided are:
- Professor Khurshid Jehan Noorani
- Dr. Ayesha Nasir
- Dr. Razia Korejo
- Dr. Feroza Altaf
Urological surgery is performed at Karachi National Hospital (Pvt.) Ltd. as day case surgery or as in-patient.
The Urological procedures performed include:
- Urethral dilatation
- Optical Urethrotomy
- Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT)
- Stent insertion
- Renal Transplants
- Radical cystectomy
- Urinary diversion